There are many rotary evaporators on the market today. You may find it difficult to choose one that suits your needs. We look at some of the products available today which will hopefully give some insight and help you make a choice.
Lab 1st 5L Rotary Evaporator Hand Lifting Turnkey Package
This rotary evaporator from Lab1st offers an enlarged evaporation area which is under reduced pressure. This allows the solution to diffuse and evaporate while the flask is in the water bath and rotating as it heats up. This machine is suitable for use with pharmaceutical products as well as chemicals and for research purposes. Where products need drying, concentrating or recycling, this may be the rotary evaporator of choice. One main factor to consider is that the Chiller runs on 220V, so it would require the correct power on-site before installation.
- Can handle volumes of 0.25L to 50L
- Double layer cooling coils offer enhanced condenser performance
- Easy assembly
- High-quality borosilicate glass
- Pumping rate:0.7cfm
- Water flow rate of 60L/min
- Water reservoir of 15L / 4 gallons
- Temperature Range: Ambient to -20°C with an accuracy of within 1 degree Celsius
- Well priced and easy assembly
- Double layer Cooling coils
- Enlarged evaporation area under reduced pressure
- Complete Turnkey Package available
- The chillers are only 220V, which means your power source would have to be adapted to work
- Can’t use anything less than a 20a 110/60 circuit otherwise the heating element trips the system
VEVOR 5L Rotary Evaporator 0-90rpm Professional Rotary Evaporator
Designed by Vevor, this rotovap is generally used for drying, crystallization, concentration and solvent recovery. It is used by the biological and chemical pharmaceutical industries. This evaporator is supplied with a chiller and vacuum pump. The chiller pumps efficiently and is very quiet. It offers low-temperature water and other liquid baths with a flow of 35L/min at the top flow rate. It recirculates and cools at the same time. The vacuum pump assists in the distillation, evaporation, sublimation, crystallization, filtration, drying, degassing and decompression processes. This is a professional 5L rotovap which is generally used under lab conditions. Closed circulation system, used with 30W pump to provide 35L/min quicker flow rate. It has a large LCD screen and a built-in thermostat in order to observe and adjust temperature ranges: from -10℃elsius to 99℃elsius with an accuracy of within ±1℃elsius.
- Flask & Condenser are made from borosilicate glass
- Boiling Flask/Water tank Capacity: 5L
- Receiving Flask Capacity: 3L
- Rotation Speed: 0-90rpm
- Water Bath Pan Lift Range: 12cm / 4.7″
- Temperature adjust range: -10 to 99 degrees Celsius
- Flow rate: 35L/min
- Pump Pressure: 0.4 bar
- LCD Screen
- All in one system with chiller and vacuum pump
- Easy to operate
- Perfect to use for analysis of different experiments
- High Accuracy
- Cooling system has LCD for a better display
- Some issues experienced with the element not turning off
YUCHENGTECH 3L RE-301 Lab Rotary Evaporator
This rotovap offers a constant temperature control function and high temperature and corrosion resistance. Suitable for use in the pharmaceutical, chemical and biological product industry. It is specifically designed for crystallization, evaporation, drying, concentration, drying and solvent recovery.
- Contains high borosilicate glass and polytetrafluoroethylene
- High temperature and corrosion resistance
- Bath handwheel lifting.
- Digital temperature display
- Intelligent temperature control due to the PT100 sensor
- Vertical double-layer snake coil condenser for a high recovery rate.
- Suitable for the purification and concentration of readily decomposed denatured biological products
- Temperature control is within an accuracy for 1 degree Celsius.
- Bath capacity: 8.4L
- High Temperature and corrosion resistance
- High recovery rate.
- Digital Temperature display for easy reading
- Doesn’t react easily with various materials
- Only has 110V supply
USA Lab 110V 2L Rotary Evaporator RotoVap
The rotary evaporator from USA Lab has a 0.5.Gallon/2L evaporating flask capacity and comes with s heating bath, digital temperature control, vertical glassware and rotation control. The bath volume allows for rapid heat-up while the condenser unit offers specially designed glass tubes which utilize the surface area efficiently. The Safety features include: water bath above set temperature shut-off protection, dry-run protection as well as fuse protection.
- Solvent-resistant PTFE and Viton gaskets
- Compact motor with intermeshed drives and gears for vibration-free, quiet operation
- Downward-condensing vacuum connection
- Individual rotary and water bath modules, allowing for upgrades
- Multi-level manual lift with secure lock for the evaporating flask
- Digital speed and temperature display
- PID temperature controller for maintaining the temperature accurately
- Lifetime US-based parts and service support
- Evaporation flask capacity: 0.5 gallons / 2L
- Receiving flask: 0.26 gallons / 1L
- Water bath temperature range: Ambient to 99 degrees Celsius
- Optimized bath volume allows for rapid heat-up times.
- Very quiet, vibration-free operation
- The design allows for easy future upgrades
- Small capacity evaporating flask
- 110V power required
BAOSHISHAN 1L Lab Rotovap
The Baoshishan rotovap consists of a motor unit that rotates the evaporation vial or flask containing the sample. A vapor duct is a vacuum-tight conduit to allow for the vapor to be drawn off of the sample. The heated fluid bath is used to heat the sample. A condenser is used to cool the materials. A condensate-collecting flask is placed at the bottom of the condenser in order to catch the distilling solvent once it re-condenses. A mechanism lifts the evaporation flask from the heating bath. The materials used are resistant to heat and corrosion.
- Highly resistant to corrosives and temperature changes
- Highly effective evaporating and recovery process
- Modular design allows for connection to other appliances
- Easy to disassemble and install
- Simple operation and maintenance
- Capacity of rotary flask and collecting flask: 1L
- Rotating Speed: Adjustable 0-180rpm
- Standing two coiled condensers
- Temperature control range: ambient to 99 degrees Celsius
- Highly corrosive resistant
- High evaporating efficiency
- Good recovery.
- Easy to connect to other appliance.
- Easy to install and disassemble
- Easy to operate and maintain.
- Too small for some applications
5L Lab Rotary Evaporator with Hand Lift
This rotary evaporator used 230V and has an oil bath. The evaporation flask is a 5L round bottom flask. The receiving flask is also a rounder bottom and receives 2L. The condenser is virtual with dual spiral glass tubing. The vacuum seal is made from PTFE and Viton for durability.
- Cost-effective design
- Easy to operate and maintain.
- Solvent-resistant PTFE vacuum seal for durability
- Compatible with evaporating flasks sized 0.25L upto 5L.
- Optional water or oil bath for a maximum temperature range of 99 degrees Celsius (water) or 180 Celsius (oil)
- Easy to operate hand lift
- Large digital display
- Continuous adjustment for bath temperature and rotation speed
- Double layer cooling coils for better condenser performance
- Good cooling performance
- A choice of volumes from 0.25L to 5L
- Easy to use, cost-effective design
- Borosilicate glass used for improved durability
- May need extra cooling
- A larger circuit breaker would improve the design
2L Best Value Electric Lift Rotary Evaporator
The 2L Best Value Electric Lift Rotary Evaporator has an optimum ambient temperature range of 5 to 25 degrees C (41 to105.8F). The glass is a high Borosilicate. The power required is (V/Hz): 110V 60Hz. The rotovap offers digital step-less speed regulation with a rotation speed of 20 to 198 RPM. The digitally set temperature can range from 0-99 degrees Celsius (0-210F). The evaporating flask has a capacity of 2L. The maximum vacuum pressure is -29.8 in Hg. The receiving flask holds 1L. The condenser has a vertical double helix. The water bath is made from a Teflon composite and measures 10×5 inches. It has an electric lifting function with a 14cm lifting stroke.
- Digital rotation speed and PID temperature control
- PTFE valves for improved chemical resistance and durability
- Direct injection capability
- Tabletop footprint
- Electric multi-level lifting mechanism
- Easy to use
- Digital control of rotation and temperature
- High chemical resistance
- Made to be durable
- Comes with a 1 year warranty
- Requires a 110V Power Supply
Best Value Vacs 50L Rotary Evaporator
Glass Material is a high Borosilicate Glass while the shelving is a aluminium alloy. The pot material is stainless steel for a longer lifespan for the product. The rotary bottle has a 50L capacity while the collection bottle can hold 10L. The rotary speed is up to 110RPM on 220V rotary power. The temperature control range for the bath is 0 to 99 degrees Celcius and is set via digital temperature control. The accuracy is within 1 degree Celsius. The lifting mechanism is electric. The machine needs assembly and should be wired directly into the panel. This should be done by a qualified electrician.
- Weight of 165LBS when assembled
- Does not include chiller, vacuum system or cold trap
- Digital temperature control
- Temperature range of 0 to 99 degrees Celsius.
- Large capacity rotary bottle (50L)
- Large collection bottle capacity (10L)
- Electric Lifting
- Digital Temperature control
- Does not come with plug fitted on the bath
- Qualified Electrician needs to do the connection wiring
BAOSHISHAN 2L Rotary Evaporator
Used mainly in development and production of chemical, pharmaceutical and biological products, this product crystallizes, evaporates, dries, concentrates, separates and recovers solvents from the raw materials under negative pressure, vacuum conditions. This is done by heating and thin-film evaporation principles.
- High-temperature resistant materials such as stainless steel and aluminium alloys used
- Corrosion-resistant components
- High borosilicate glass and polytetrafluoroethylene used
- Step-less speed adjustable electronically from 0 to 120RPM
- Digital display
- High Vacuum maintained through combined bidirectional seals
- Continuous feeding
- Head height adjustable
- See-saw power switch control.
- Constant temperature control for accurate temperature transfer.
- Vacuum pressure gauge shows actual vacuum protection.
- Head height adjustable
- Seesaw power switch control.
- Intelligent constant temperature control
- Fuse safety pressure gauge
- Manual lift required